Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Things I've learned since I quit learning

Don't let the title fool you.  I strongly advocate education and the practice of continuing to learn throughout life.  I enjoyed a wonderful education and I wouldn't trade it for anything.  However, I've learned a lot since I finished up what most people think of as formal education.  Part of the Back 'er Down lifestyle is after all learning the simple things that get lost in our busy world.  I figured that I would share a few of those nuggets with you.  I hope a few of these resonate and maybe even result in a chuckle or two.

- It really is more about who you know rather than what you know.
- Physics can explain pretty much everything, but God created physics, so it's all cool.
- Any math more advanced than calculating simple interest is useless you are a Physicist.
- The only real difference in khakis and chinos is the price.
- Hustling can make up for a bunch of other shortcomings.
- When saying that your little man has a rash.....that's interpreted differently by people without kids.
- God always has a plan......even though we may not realize what it is at the time.
- Bream aren't really considered seafood.
- Planting, tending and harvesting a garden is a heck of a lot harder than talking about it.
- Sweating is just as good for your mind as it is for your body.

Have you learned anything since the finish of your "formal" education?  I'd love to hear about it.

Ya'll take it easy,

Alex

2 comments:

  1. It turned out to be true when my mother use to say,"Just wait until you have kids, you'll see!".

    ReplyDelete