Monday, January 31, 2011

Struggling for a topic

So what happens when I don't really have a topic, but I still really want to keep the blog flowing as per my New Year's Resolution?  Keep reading and you'll see.

This blog comes from anywhere but a "Back 'er Down" type spot.  I'm sitting in a mexican restaurant in CNN Center in downtown Atlanta.  Maybe the margarita flanking my computer will inspire literary gold.

It's always tough to be away from the family.  This time it's 2 1/2 days.  That wouldn't be so bad normally, but I left the wife this morning with my oldest who has strep.  Even though I have almost 5 weeks of vacation built up, the kids have a knack for getting sick when I can't stay home with them.  Ergo, the wife had to call in this morning and stay home with the oldest.  That means 15 + or - of her patients have to be rescheduled which you hate to have to do.  Unfortunately, she'll have to be with him tomorrow as well.  As strep goes though, I might be home with the youngest on Thursday and Friday.  Yay for contagions!  Sick or not, I'm already looking forward to getting home.  I already miss my wife and the little fellas!  My boys are at the age where they are learning every minute.  They are like sponges!  I want to be there when the moment strikes so I can tell them about the designated hitter or why we wash whites separately or how more people watched Jersey Shore than watched the State of the Union address (we'll attack that in another blog.)

A friend mentioned to me a few years back, "You know one day gasoline will probably be for hobbies only.  We'll probably buy it by the gallon off a shelf at Wal-Mart."  I came back to that gem after seeing K1 kerosene in gallon jugs at Wal-Mart last week.  I remember pumping K1 when I worked at a store back in high school.  As I thought about it, I'm not sure that it's common for it to be sold like that any more.  Is it really possible that we might see gasoline relegated to the same end-cap placement one day?  Certainly it would be a long time down the road, but it is an interesting thing to think about.  This though as the Egyptians are going nuts and bent crude went over $100 today.  Hmmm.  Wonder what we have in store for the summer traveling season?

The fajitas just arrived.  I now have a nice grease slick on the screen.  Maybe this is a good place to stop.  The margaritas are starting to go down way too easy anyway.  I'd hate to go off on a wacky tangent.....oh wait.  I think this whole piece is a wacky tangent.  Oh well.  Guess that's what happens when you're struggling for a topic.  I'll try to do better next week.  Promise.

Y'all take it easy,      ......Stacy....please note the spelling of y'all ;)

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment