Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Excellent Adventure: Day 3

Not much to report today, friends.  We spent the entire day going over contracts.  I wouldn't call it exhilarating, but I did find it interesting.  I researched it greatly, but still, there is so much more to the business than I expected.  The things written into contracts are items that I always figured were understood.  I now know that NOTHING is implied.  Everything should be written and signed.  Though it was a subject that isn't known for vim and vigor, I did learn a lot today.  Y'all know how I like to learn something new ;-)  We did practice chants again at the end of the day today.  We will continue to do that daily.  I don't think I did too bad for the second day, but I still have a long way to go.  Practicing and memorizing the number brackets is the biggest challenge that I face.  Believe it or not we actually do breathing exercises and several different tongue twisters as methods to begin training our bodies.  I'd probably be a little embarrassed if everyone in the class weren't in the same boat.

Since we stayed a little late yesterday we got out a little early today.  That allowed me to get back to camp with plenty of daylight left.  I took the opportunity to walk part of the trails and get down a little closer to the Coosa River.  What a magnificent sight.  The rock formations are something that we don't see on the Ogeechee and Savannah Rivers back home.  The years of constant pounding from the river has carved amazing walls along the banks.  It serves as a good reminder that God is in control of everything!

My apologies for the lack of material today.  There just wasn't a lot to write about.  The forecast is calling for rain overnight and into the morning though.  That should provide some interesting content for tomorrow.  I do believe that I will be sleeping in the Jeep tonight.  If for no other reason than to make it easier to get dressed and off in the morning.  I suspect that instead of oatmeal and coffee at the campsite tomorrow morning, I will roll into Rome early in search of a cup of joe and a biscuit.

I'll leave you with a couple of the tongue twisters that we're using to train.  It isn't too bad if you read them slowly, but once you pick up speed it gets a little more challenging.


Y'all take easy,

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment